The Head of Business Development drives the organization’s business development strategies. He/She will work on improving the current portfolio and explore new business opportunities. He/She will carry out business strategies that are in line with organizational objectives.
• Look for prospective new clients and turn this into increased business.
• Cold call as appropriate within your market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities. *Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
• Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the market.
• Research and build relationships with new clients.
• Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders/Principals.
• Plan approaches and pitches. *Work with the team that you will eventually build to develop proposals that speak to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
• Participate in pricing the solution/service.
• Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to achieve a positive outcome. * Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
• Present new products and services and build the existing relationships.
• Work with other departments to meet customer needs.
• Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
Business Development Planning:
• Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
• Present to and consult with the management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
• Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
• Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
Management and Research:
• Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
• Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system.
• Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by the team you’ll build.
• Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
• Come up with marketing plans to ensure that prerequisites (like prequalification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner.
• Understand the company’s goal and purpose so that will continue to enhance the company’s performance.
The Business Development Head role requires a Bachelor’s degree and 8 – 10 years of Business Development, Sales and Marketing experience in the Consumer Healthcare/Pharmaceutical/Beauty market. High level of business acumen with an entrepreneurial mind set.
Networking, Persuasion, Prospecting, Public Speaking, Research, Writing, Closing Skills, Motivation for Sales, Prospecting Skills, Sales Planning, Identification of Customer Needs and Challenges, Territory Management, Market Knowledge, Meeting Sales Goals, Professionalism, CRM, and Microsoft Office.
Note: Interested Candidates can send CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org