• Learn and Progress as a Back End Engineer (Ruby on Rails)
• Work with the current Ruby on Rails platform as well as explore other potential technologies when needed.
• Write clean, maintainable and efficient code.
• Create REST APIs for iOS, Android as well as external services to integrate with.
• Develop, maintain and enhance technical documentation.
• Consult experts when necessary.
• Consistently improve the code quality and build releases
• Nurture and enforce best and appropriate technical practices.
• Learn and implement automation or efficient methods and tools to achieve technical excellence.
• Drive continuous adoption and integration of relevant new technologies into design and overall architecture.
• Build automated unit, integration and system tests for the platform.
• At least 1 year of web development experience.
• Basic understanding of OOP design patterns.
• Basic knowledge of Postgresql / MySQL database.
• Deliver work under the fairly close supervision of a more senior member of the team.
• Able to work as a team.
• Able to identify and fix minor bugs with minimal help.
• Apply technical insight to business problems.
• Understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
• Basic design capabilities on web services such as REST.
• Understand basic concepts of code and data efficiency and scalability.
• Basic understanding of git.
• Basic understanding of TDD and BDD.
• Willing to learn and take feedback.
• Must be able to communicate in English.
Note: Interested Candidates can send CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org